Sunday, January 28, 2018

January Crazy Quilt Block Started

It's been a couple of weeks since my first post, and I am back now to show my progress on my newest try - Crazy Quilting.

This photo shows the first step of the block - stitching down the colored sections to the foundation.  It was kind of tricky getting the colors to look good to go with the focal point in the center - the Victorian Lady.

I am hoping to get this one completed by the end of the month, so I can post it in the 2018 Block Journey for crazy quilting.

I still have to embroider the seams - add any laces or trims - add extras such as more embroidery and beads, and the finalize it by trimming it down to size.

I am pleased with the way it is turning out.

2 comments:

  1. You could use some of your lovely tatting to fill space if you need ideas. I look on pinterest quite often to get ideas too.
    Have fun stitching ... you are off to a fab start!!

    ReplyDelete